About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for performing financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Commercial Music Group. You will be uniquely positioned to collaborate with CMG’s operational teams as well as Sony Music’s label teams to deliver best in class product and services to our artists.
What you'll do:
- Preparation and maintenance of pro-forma artist release P&L’s and breakeven analysis through cross-departmental communication and collaboration to compile relevant information such as sales estimates, artist royalty, publishing rates, and per unit manufacturing costs
- Review and analysis of monthly financial results including, but not limited to: on-going marketing campaigns, newly released artist projects, researching general ledger activity, physical sales forecast models, analyzing digital sales and Film/TV licensing reports, and Top 100 artists reporting
- Min/max calculation and evaluation of project marketing budgets and talent advances
- Profit impact assessment of sales pricing and discount programs
- Preparation of monthly reporting packages for senior management along with support for the annual business plan
- Provide support related to the creation, processing, and admin of Marketing and Recording Budgets
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 2-4 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role (entertainment / music industry experience being ideal). Working knowledge of GAAP and Royalty Accounting a plus.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel functions and modeling, visualizations, and solid proficiency in other MS applications.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and proactive with ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and priorities, meet deadlines and achieve effective results in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.