The Associate Director, Finance is responsible for performing financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Masterworks.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the Month-End, Quarter End Financial Close, and Year-End Close including :
- Journal Entries/Accruals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Digital Revenue Analysis to monitor over/under accruals by GDB
- Marketing Expense Review (Input Marketing Budgets into MPS)
- Non-JV Talent/Artist Study Review
- JV Talent Study Review
- SRR/IRR Anaylsis
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Submit to Global Finance monthly forecast, annual business review plan, and the restated annual business plan into IP/BPC (forecast overhead by multiple cost centers and non-overhead by the various channels) for several entities
- Assist with preparing Annual Target and Budget Schedules/Presentation
- Liaise with A&R Admin on disbursements and with legal to ensure proper coding for Real Time Royalties
- Assist with PreCalc & PostCalc WW P&Ls by Artist/Project – Frontline & Catalogue & Vinyl
- Monitor overhead spending, taxes, and check deposits of the label
- Review Release Planning products/projects to move (within Masterworks) from New Release to Catalogs
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant accounting/finance experience.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or working towards earning CPA certification preferred.
- Proven proficiency in computer software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, TEAMS, SAP, IP, BPC, Lookup Tables, Citrix Applications).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate.
What We Give You:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.