As a Vice President, Finance, you will play a role in leading the financial affairs of Provident Entertainment (“PE”), a division of Sony Music Entertainment, and oversee various financial operations, plans and policies, finance and accounting practices, fiscal records and financial reports. Your role will help drive the resolution of operational issues impacting other areas including production, credit, sales, & marketing and issues pertaining to acquisitions. This position will also serve as Provident Entertainment’s point of contact for Sony Music Entertainment’s corporate departments regarding all financial issues, requests, intercompany accounts and various corporate initiatives and projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of Provident Entertainment’s financial operations
- Develop, analyze, and interpret finance and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, reserve requirements, and other matters exemplifying the soundness and operating effectiveness of division
- Oversee all monthly, semi-annual and annual financial reporting and meet all reporting deadlines for all Provident Entertainment business areas including RCA Inspiration, Provident Label Group, Essential Music Publishing and Provident Films
- Coordinate and complete audits; oversee tax compliance; provide effective financial controls; assist with maintenance of accounting software package
- Develop and implement changes that help business unit operate more effectively and efficiently and help to meet or exceed business plan
- Protect company’s assets and help limit the company’s exposure to liabilities
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA certification or Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- You have at least 15 years of business experience in accounting or finance-related role with at least 10 years of that experience in the music/media/entertainment industry and at least 5 years of experience in a managerial capacity
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS; Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, BPC business software preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with expert level skills in Excel. Access database knowledge a plus.
- Proven experience consolidating, analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data with the proven ability to present this data to leadership to help them make informed business decisions
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; experience presenting data to management and speaking to trends and major drivers
- Demonstrated strong initiative; Proven experience proactively and productively working in team settings, including being receptive, open-minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.