About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists and also assists in the roll out of established artists. Our College Marketing Representatives are well-versed in the online/social media world, organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups and liaise with independent record stores and lifestyle shops. This is a remote, part-time role, that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week. The College Marketing Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
- Generate excitement for our artists through online/social media campaigns, as well as execute traditional grassroots marketing campaigns
- Partner with various students groups and organizations for on-campus activations
- Build and grow new relationships throughout your market with influencers, music related groups, local lifestyle shops, campus organizations, etc
- Provide feedback and ideas on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
- Attend shows and label-related events on behalf of Sony Music and provide detailed reports
- Regularly submit recap reports of marketing efforts
- Contribute to marketing campaigns for other Sony initiatives and partners
- Maintain timely communication with our New York-based management team and participate in departmental bi-weekly conference calls
- Currently enrolled as a full-time Undergraduate college student with (2) or more years left before graduation
- Must live within 30 minutes of the city you are applying for
- Knowledge, passion and an interest in discovering new music across all genres
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Maintain timely communication with our management team in New York City (note this is a remote position)
- Have immediate access to a car, or reliable public transportation
- Computer and cellphone are mandatory
- Proactive thinker, strong communication skills, comfortable with operating out-side-of-the-box.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter at www.SonyMusic.com. In your cover letter, please specify your university and date of graduation, some of your qualifications, and why you feel you would make a great addition to the Sony Music U team.
For more information about Sony Music U, feel free to check us out.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.