About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The Social & Digital Analytics Masters Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
As a member of the Consumer Research & Social Analytics team, the Social & Digital Analytics Masters Representative is responsible for social media and online audience insights for Sony Music. The representative will work closely with both the College Marketing team and the Insights & Reporting team to develop presentations around social media buzz on Sony artists across all labels. The representative will also analyze campaign performance and suggest new opportunities for Sony artists through analyzing social data.
This is a paid part-time position, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week. YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS A GRADUATE STUDENT AND LIVE IN NYC OR SURROUNDING AREA.
- Use social media listening tools such as Crimson Hexagon/Brandwatch, CrowdTangle, and Next Big Sound to drive insights and suggestions for Sony artists.
- Generate custom insights from analyzing artists’ social media buzz. Suggest marketing opportunities and new product ideas.
- Work with the College Marketing team to analyze their local and national online marketing campaigns and recap results.
- Stay on top of new social media tools and platforms and suggest ways Sony can use them for campaigns.
YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS A FULL TIME STUDENT AND LIVE IN NYC OR SURROUNDING AREA.
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student in an accredited graduate program, first year Masters students preferred
- Strong work ethic, knowledge and passion for music
- Interest in social media, analytics and the music industry
- Excellent Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills
- Display creativity in problem-solving and idea generation
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.