About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Sound Designer will play a key role in creating and implementing audio solutions for immersive media content creation.
- Develop and execute the audio vision for immersive music experiences.
- Manage technical aspects of sound design including memory management and overall optimization.
- Oversee and implement technical aspects of audio programming within Unreal Engine.
- Conceptualize, create and implement unique sound effects optimized for the style and tone established by the creative design team.
- Manage third party vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with production team to identify and implement audio goals.
- Debug and resolve issues related to audio playback.
- Design and implement immersive audio solutions to enhance the creative experience.
- Create and manage the final sound design mix.
- Contribute creative ideas and technical details to the production and engineering teams.
- Create and maintain audio schedule creation and forecasting.
- Ability to perform intermediate scripting using visual scripting systems.
- Maintain quality standards through consistent playtesting and feedback.
- 7+ years of sound design within the gaming industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of audio programming/engineering with Unreal Engine 4.
- Expertise in Wwise with at least two shipped games.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing original sound effects for AAA games.
- Expertise in sound mixing and sound design software.
- Experience with immersive audio solutions and techniques.
- Proficient with various audio plug-ins.
- Understanding of audio compression technologies and sound formats.
- Demonstrated experiences in the end to end audio process for games (eg sound design, music implementation, voiceover, etc.).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- C++ experience.
- Experience in voice replication/synthesis a plus.
- Bachelors in Audio Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.