About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists and also assists in the roll out of established artists. Our College Marketing Representatives are well-versed in the online/social media world, organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups and liaise with independent record stores and lifestyle shops. This is a remote, part-time role, that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week. The College Marketing Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
The Social Media/Graphic Design Rep is responsible for driving and managing Sony Music U’s social media strategy across all platforms.
- Work closely with co-Social Media Rep and management team to drive and execute Sony Music U’s overall social media strategy
- Develop and curate engaging social content for Sony Music U’s social platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Create engaging graphics, text, and other digital assets using Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, or other similar applications
- Analyze performance of our social content and provide insight to the team on a weekly basis
- Monitor industry trends and stay on top of latest social media innovations
- Attend live events to create compelling social content
- Utilize social media management tool to schedule content, align the brand across platforms, and assess analytics to drive future strategy
- Collaborate with management, Content Rep, and Influencer Rep to ensure priority campaigns are highlighted on socials
- Actively brainstorm and research opportunities to grow Sony Music U’s social reach and engagement
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate college student with (2) or more years before graduation
- Preference for student based on the east coast (note this is a remote position)
- Previous experience in social media and content creation across all social platforms
- Proficient in Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent programs
- Preference for past experience utilizing a social media management tool
- Understanding of college lifestyle, culture and the social media space
- Proactive, detail oriented, and reliable with tremendous follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple social campaigns and deadlines at once
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Please apply with your resume and cover letter at www.SonyMusic.com. In your cover letter, please specify your university and date of graduation, some of your qualifications, and why you feel you would make a great addition to the Sony Music U team.
For more information about Sony Music U, feel free to check us out.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.