Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Latin/Iberia Region Division of Sony Music seeks a talented Business Intelligence Analyst with passion for music, insights and the entertainment business.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, s/he will be directly responsible for transforming data and trends into strategic recommendations and actionable insights in order to help our artists connect better with their audiences across the globe. S/he will provide planning and analytical support to such critical stakeholders as artists, artist management and internal business units in order to ensure achievement of organizational objectives. The Business Intelligence Analyst will champion knowledge-based decision making and act as an advocate for the Latin music audience.
The ideal candidate will have acquired his or her BI expertise in context of the Sales/Marketing function, poses experience in working with market research, expertise in data extraction and transformation methods, and basic statistical knowledge.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN MIAMI, FL.
- Support developing outcome-oriented consumer and data-driven strategies for artists, projects & partners.
- Provide audience insights in the area of music consumption, relation with artists & social habits.
- Develop analyses to support marketing planning including “deep dive” Comprehensive Artist Assessments, Artist Attributes Analyses, and Market Segmentation Analyses.
- Drive understanding of marketing and promotional campaigns’ performance and the impact of marketing investment including digital and social to drive ROI.
- Analyze and report on social chatter, sentiment, reach, engagement and audience growth as related to artists and their content, enforce use of essential social metrics / KPIs.
- Go beyond the data to identify and clearly communicate issues and opportunities as well as develop actionable recommendations that ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Provide guidance throughout the artist career cycle from talent identification and market potential (A&R), to audience growth (marketing), to monetization (sales and business development).
- Utilize internal data systems, analytics tools of Sony Music's digital partners and social media analytics platforms to synthesize data into custom insights.
- Establish strong relationships with internal teams to gain an understanding of their strategies and objectives.
- Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy.
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
- Minimum 1 year of experience in business intelligence, insights or analytics with a focus on marketing performance
- Experience with analytical methodologies, social listening/social media analytics, performance/KPI reporting, data mining and visualization required, experience with consumer insights and analysis, market research, predictive / analytical modeling preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups etc.) and extensive experience in PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SQL, Alteryx, R, Python, Tableau preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Economics or related field
- Fluency in English is required, command of Spanish is a major plus
- Experience in the entertainment/music business is a plus, but not a requirement
- Analytical mindset - ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
- Highly organized team player who is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to connect disparate data sources into a straightforward, insightful story
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
- Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
Sony Music Entertainment is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.