About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Coordinator, Partner Development will support the SVP, Partner Development and ensure efficient day-to-day activity across the entire Partner Development team. The PD team manages Sony Music’s macro business relationship with a selection of SME’s largest digital partners globally and is responsible for developing and practically applying a cohesive revenue optimization strategy.
We are looking for a highly pro-active and engaged self-starter with experience in administrative duties as well as an interest in being involved in more extensive projects. This role interfaces with internal and external partners Worldwide.
This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York and reports to the SVP, Partner Development.
- Provide general administrative support for the SVP, Partner Development including expenses, travel, managing calendars, screening calls, meeting and event arrangements.
- Process expenses for the VPs on the Partner Development team
- Create department decks in PowerPoint
- Coordinate cross-partner presentations and projects
- Assist in presentations and meetings as needed
- Create analyses and PowerPoint presentations on topics related to SME’s key strategic accounts
- Manage logins/permissions and troubleshoot issues for numerous tools such as those provided to labels by partners (artist creation tools, analytics tools, etc.) and the Partner Development team’s internal resource/communication portal
- Manage distribution lists and contact lists for the team
- Support the optimization of SME content on emerging technology
- Data cleanup, entry, and analysis for new releases
- Interface with senior level management
- Help the Partner Development team with analyses and projects as needed
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with key contacts at partners as needed and with internal stakeholders from many departments including the labels, local and regional offices, analytics, operations, and finance teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years administrative experience preferred
- Proficiency in computer software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Pro-active go-getter who can flourish in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills
- Highly organized
- Fast learner
- Outstanding attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Team player who is willing to take on new tasks & challenges
- Strong relationships person
- The ability to manage time and priorities
- Genuine passion for the music industry with experience or strong interest in music business
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.