About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Director of Mobility will be responsible for administering Sony Music Entertainment’s (SME) global mobility program to employees within the countries SME operates. The Director will manage third party vendors and will need to be well versed in all relocation issues, including international compensation, benefits, taxation, and immigration. This individual will work closely with Human Resources Leaders, Talent Acquisition and Management driving SME’s global mobility strategy, policies and processes worldwide. Ensure consistent, fair and cost-effective management of SME’s domestic and international mobility programs and related processes in accordance with the Company’s compliance and controls environment.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and the primary point of contact in administering SME's global mobility program throughout the entire lifecycle of the move
- Is the primary liaison between SME and all third party vendors, ensuring that all services are engineered to provide a seamless experience to employees
- Ensures that all services rendered by our global partners meet service level agreements and meet the required performance standards
- Partners with global HR, finance, and legal teams on the administration of the mobility program and works as a consultant to help advise and resolve all issues from employees in transit
- Supervise end to end relocation service delivery from third party immigration, relocation and tax providers
- Provide guidance and expertise to global stakeholders as a subject matter expert on Global Mobility strategy, programs, provisions and policies
- Work and consult with external legal and tax counsel to administer Global Mobility program delivery with a focus on legal and tax compliance with regard to assignee and transferee administration
- Advise on requirements, cost estimates, service recommendations, policy, logistics of global moves
- Manage stakeholder relationships and establish partnerships to ensure successful program outcomes
- Interpret and explain complex immigration and international matters to employees with empathy
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions
- Balance business needs, employee experience, and risk
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 years of global mobility experience within a large, global organization or consulting firm
- Proven experience managing mobility operations including expatriation and repatriation administration
- Strong working knowledge of international assignments management, relocation, U.S and global immigration laws and tax regulations
- Extensive experience managing international moves and has a deep understanding of taxation equalization (including shadow payroll) and expense modeling
- Successful track record in partnering and developing deep working relationships with all client levels and stakeholders, including domestic and international HR, legal and finance teams, including experience dealing with high profile/senior expatriates
- Keep abreast of current mobility issues and regulation changes effecting employees in the various countries SME operates
- Detailed understanding of typical assignment and pay structures including compensation elements and tax and social security logic
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.