The International Marketing team provides marketing services for all international artists. In this role, candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of international marketing and promotion campaigns for international artists within the Sony US repertoire.
- Launch Planning: Work with relevant label, artist management and foreign markets to develop launch plans, ongoing marketing campaigns and artist development strategies for international releases.
- Content Strategy: Develop and implement online content tactics to drive awareness and community.
- Marketing Strategy: Work with Latin repertoire owners and internal partners to develop marketing campaigns tailored to the artist and music.
- Sales: Partner with digital team to develop and roll out artist and product-specific digital campaigns - via download, streaming, mobile, and social media platforms. These campaigns would include pre-release, video/song premieres, etc.)
- Promotions: Seek out, set up and coordinate artist promotional opportunities such as media interviews, photo shoots, showcases, and fan events.
- Reporting: Run weekly sales and status reports for designated artists. Document and report progress and sales to senior team, markets, senior management and artist management.
- Communication: Effective and efficient communications on marketing and sales updates to senior staff and international affiliates. Communicate regularly with country subsidiaries in all relevant markets using status updates, and demand queries of marketing tools, etc.
- Marketing Implementation: Work with local marketing teams around the globe to execute marketing plans and to create momentum on campaigns. Handle the coordination and demand of local marketing plans. Handle the planning, coordination and monitoring of all products and marketing activities
- Live Performances: Coordinate live performances / touring in cooperation with external partners
- Releases: Coordinate international releases locally
- Process Management: Drive local processes in collaboration with Digital Marketing, Promotion, Sales and other departments
- Costs Management: Manage cost planning
- Music industry experience preferred
- Multi-territory international sales and marketing experience
- 3-4 years related experience in areas such as: marketing, promotion, event planning, tour marketing, publicity, and digital.
- Must be “fluent” with technology and be an avid user of mobile and computers; PC (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.); Mac OS (keynote, iTunes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Social Media; Comfortable reading online analytics.
- Ability to travel internationally frequently.
- Given time differences, off hours work is to be expected. “Always available” attitude.
- Multicultural sensibility and tolerance.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Impeccable organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to rally support with internal and outside partners
- Diplomatic attitude to manage numerous stakeholders to successful outcomes
- Even temperament
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.