About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music has made its people and their growth a key part of its business strategy. With efforts in recent years to focus the business on the progressive future of music and entertainment, the Sony Music team and leaders have followed suit by making organizational effectiveness and growth a key priority to support those efforts. The HR teams are focused on programs that will support both individual and organizational growth and impact in an industry where success will be defined by the ability to create holistic strategies that marry the traditions of yesterday with an infrastructure for tomorrow. As the world and industry evolves, Sony has made it a company mission to ensure its people are properly prepared to usher in the next era at Sony Music.
As a member of the global people and organizational development team, you are always thinking about how to be creative in developing the right learning solutions that allow our people to grow personally and professionally, particularly in the context of progressive people practices.
You are constantly asking yourself how things can be done better and smarter. You will work with our US & Latin business on a range of learning, talent and engagement projects. This will involve developing brand new solutions in response to business needs as well as maintaining the high standard of existing L&D activity. Sony Music is looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and through their impactful work, champion a culture of innovation and quality.
This role acts as an L&D partner to US and Latin Iberia business (working with the respective HRBPs) and responsibilities include:
- Working with the HRBPs to understand and advise on specific talent development needs. Ensuring proactive plans are in place to grow and retain key talent
- Diagnose and identify priorities for each of the labels and corporate functions
- Grow and maintain a core learning curriculum (majoring on management competence and personal effectiveness skills)
- Support the delivery of global development programs (especially in making these land successfully in the US)
- Ensure the right systems are in place to track and evaluate the learning that takes place and continually evolves
- Support delivery of core processes in US: Performance Management and Talent Development planning
- Develop & deliver creative, blended learning solutions – this includes writing and curating digital content that stands on its own and/or supports live events in a variety of formats (key note presentations, lunch and learns, roundtable/group coaching, classroom sessions, interactive workshops)
- Manage comprehensive onboarding and new hire experience programs, FT, PT, Interns, Leaders
- Marketing and communications for various initiatives and recommending and managing vendors for design, delivery and content production
- Connect our employee value proposition to learning activities and gather ongoing feedback from employees, spot engagement trends and propose solutions/interventions
- Manage LMS and supporting systems to support our talent development and engagement efforts
- 5+ years of professional experience leading strategic learning and development, instructional design and measurement of initiatives on business objectives
- Proven ability to understand an organization’s current/desired state and actions to close gaps
- Understanding of latest trends in learning and development
- Knowledge of learning and development technologies
- Facilitation/strong presentation skills
- Advanced communication, influence and writing skills
- Proficiency with Adobe authoring and design tools as well as Microsoft Office
- High energy, positive, can do person
- Make things happen and relishes accountability
- Proven project manager, planner and organizer who can handle several tasks simultaneously
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.