The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Responsible for creating and maximizing exposure for The Orchard’s artists through national radio airplay. This role will help develop and coordinate radio strategy and promotions with both national and local radio as well as other media/retail outlets. This includes soliciting and securing airplay in addition to monitoring and reporting progress. The ideal candidate is a respected industry professional with a large network of high-level relationships and a track record of success. The role requires a strong understanding of and experience in the rhythmic lane and proven results. This position will work very closely with the VP, Artist Services to set team strategy specific to their coverage area.
- Create and implement strategies to work singles within designated radio format (rhythm)
- Secure airplay/adds/rotations at radio stations
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with station staff at both local radio and national programming offices
- Conduct meetings to discuss current priorities and future releases
- Create presentations, one-sheets, and e-blasts for priority artists and records
- Build and distribute format one-sheets for regional staff
- Analyze airplay, consumption and audience data and report progress regularly
- Travel and cover radio shows and promotional events when artists tour particular markets
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on Promo Tours while providing direction and support on both national and local level
- Find effective ways of utilizing relationships, communications skills and compelling information/statistics
- Provide strategic and comprehensive support and guidance to staff members as required.
- Serve as a label representative when dealing with partners
- Minimum 5 years of progressive radio promotion experience at a record label
- Relationships across with radio partners, specifically with Rhythm radio, as well as media and brands connected to that genre
- Strong understanding of the compliance issues/rules as they relate to radio promotion.
- Keeping a positive, professional and calm attitude when working with artists and programmers regardless of the situation that arises.
- Choosing the most effective promotion for the right station and their audience.
- A passion for process and the ability to understand and analyze metrics and measure results.
- Awareness of local music market
- Excellent personal communication skills, extremely organized, ability to work well independently
- Good listening skills. Capacity to inspire, engage and motivate the team.
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet (including social networking tools). Also knowledge of trade related software
- including Broadcast Data Systems (BDS), SoundScan, and Music Information Systems (R&R, Add Tracker, Mediabase)
- Prior experience with LIS and PRS strongly preferred.
- BA or BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience required. Fluency in additional languages preferred
- Love and knowledge of music is a must
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.