About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Senior Full Stack Developer will design, develop and maintain a web-based admin portal, SDKs and RESTful APIs for immersive media content creation.
- Develop front end public facing websites and secure web-based admin portals
- Develop content search, indexing and analytics platforms using solutions like ELK
- Develop and deploy secure REST APIs to access backend systems
- Supporting, designing and/or deploying application servers and databases
- Develop SDKs and documentation for use by internal and 3rd party developers
- Design and develop database schemas both in relational and NoSQL based systems
- Ensure cross platform optimization for immersive media playback
- Ensure responsiveness and availability of applications
- Ability to adapt quickly based on changing requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying backend systems such as account mgmt., billing, and analytics systems
- Thorough understanding of real time immersive media engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Experience in analytics for large data sets
- Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can demonstrate diplomacy and ability to work well with others
- Expert level understanding of building RESTful APIs with JSON
- Expert level in developing efficient software in Python or Ruby (preferred)
- Expert level in designing and developing for Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Expertise developing websites with MVC frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Expertise integrating various authentication methods using OAuth, SAML or token-based
- Expertise with message queue systems such as RabbitMQ or AWS SQS
- Expertise with in-memory datastores such as memcache or Redis
- Expertise with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Expertise with Docker containerization or Kubernetes
- Expertise with cloud providers such as Azure or AWS
- Expertise with managing host servers in Windows and Linux environments
- Expertise in project management tools such as Jira
- Extremely proactive and results oriented.
- A passion for the intersection of technology and entertainment.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent in industry experience
- 7+ years of experience building and managing technology platforms and backend systems
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.