Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Technical Writer / Game Development
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
We are God of War! Join us!
How to say that – that’s what you’re all about. How would you describe that technical system or that piece of code or that engineering design or just those concepts from the meeting the other day? We’re looking for someone who can get it all down on paper (or Wiki) so that we can refer to it later. Is that you? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Write, organize, and maintain high-quality documentation and tutorials
- Collaborate with tech and content owners; build strong relationships with end users
- Identify needs, use cases, and metrics to focus priorities
- Collect information from developers for use in creating clear, concise documentation for both new and existing users of the technology
- Create a shared Terminology Guide, a document that codifies how terminology is used in the studio in the various areas of technical content
- Help identify and develop documentation and learning resources for the team
- Develop and write code samples under the guidance of programmers
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Two plus years of experience writing software documentation. Writing samples required
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain complicated concepts
- Ability to write easy-to-follow instructions
- Experience editing existing documentation for content and currency
- Game development knowledge or background
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of programming languages like C++ or C#
- Working knowledge of Maya, Perforce, Surface, or other game development tools
- Basic image editing and/or web development experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.