Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr Program Manager (Contractor) – PlayStation Vue
San Diego, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the contract position of Sr. Program Manager supporting our PlayStation Vue Service. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment. The candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, flexible environment and is expected to partner with the PlayStation Vue Business, Product, and Engineering organizations to lead, manage, and drive forward projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides program management expertise for large scale programs with moderate to high complexity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define program deliverables, goals, scope, stakeholder, communication and risk plans
- Owning program portfolios - create and manage clear project plans, tracking and managing dependencies, risks, and issues; clearly communicate status, and escalate issues as appropriate
- Update teams, leadership, and executive audiences on program plans and issues
- Serves as point of escalation for program issues
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 1 year of experience; or equivalent experience as a Program/Project Manager with 3+ years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry.
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles.
- Solid understanding of software development, systems engineering, and release processes.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.).
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Exhibit attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures).
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com).
- Experience working with OTT services
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
- Japanese language skills helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.