Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Manager, Business Development
San Mateo, CA
The Manager, Business Development will be a member of the PlayStation Americas Business Development team and help drive business development activities across all of the Americas for the PlayStation platform. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing US partnerships from initiation to closing, internally championing projects, negotiating agreements, ensuring successful launches and developing financial models for deal analysis in order to determine optimal structure. The candidate must analyze new deal opportunities, including identifying and researching market trends, developing strategic frameworks and performing supporting analyses to prioritize company resources.
This position will have accountability for working with sales, marketing, US R&D, project management, developer support, business development, Global Business Development, legal, finance and product planning groups in Japan, the UK and the US to define partner revenue generation and consumer engagement targets and oversee implementation. This person will be the primary point of contact for business negotiations, account management, partner roadmap planning and co-marketing.
- Identify new sources of revenue and services opportunities related to premium app partners on the PlayStation platform
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, research, product marketing, project management, engineering, product planning and legal to coordinate and execute premium app partners’ programs/opportunities
- Evaluate potential business partners to accelerate the expansion of digital media businesses as well as enhance overall consumer value propositions
- Coordinate internal and external resources in support of new products in the pipeline
- Manage relationships with key technology partners
- Craft business terms. Assist with content licensing and deal negotiations
- Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
- Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
- Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and create supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
- Present business proposals and updates to stakeholders up to the Executive level
- Develop and report on KPI’s relative to the Business Development activities
- Develop and improve relationships with key app partners
- Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with premium app partners
- In conjunction with product planning and project management, lead outreach with app. partners/developers
- Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading curated app content for PlayStation gamers
- Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- 4+ years of experience overall
- Superior relationship skills, including the ability to work with multiple cultures
- Experience across both media and technology industries preferred
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Prior experience within digital media, consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Ability to work with abstract ideas and situations across functional areas of business
- Detect and understand future consumer and market trends
- Translate trends into compelling partner and product strategies
- Influence decisions across organizational boundaries
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Foreign language or international experience is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.