Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
HR Corporate Writer
San Mateo, CA
The HR Corporate Writer will work closely with Human Resources and Corporate Communications to write internal news articles, HR related materials and employee emails. This position will conceive, pitch and write communications that highlight HR efforts and help expand their scope with employees.
- Report on HR programs and progress – routinely attending meetings, briefings and more, and writing creative communications.
- Bring a creative approach to developing and executing internal communications.
- Partner with HR on messaging and execution of key employee events, including on-campus game launches, all-hands meetings and guest lectures.
- Develop communications plans that implement a variety of tactics (could include: infographics, video, executive emails or internal news articles).
- Edit communications from program owners.
- Review communications and for style and substance.
- A minimum of 3 years of PR, corporate communications, internal communications, content creation and/or journalism experience, ideally in a complex, matrixed organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field and a portfolio of writing samples.
- A collaborative and fun attitude – must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- A strong attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of AP style.
- Basic graphic design skills are a plus (e.g. – Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Familiarity with video storytelling and video production is a plus.
- Strong background in written communications, project management and data analytics.
- Interest in the gaming and entertainment industries.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.