Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. FP&A Analyst
San Mateo, CA
This position will take ownership of SG&A performance and collaborate cross-functionally to provide analytics and insight into PlayStations P&L. This function will support assigned functions and lines of business by preparing financial reports, analysis, forecast, and working with those areas to achieve their objectives. Areas of analysis include all aspects of a Forecast/Budget and Analysis process. Must have a basic understanding of SG&A expenses, headcount, capital expenditures, volume, pricing, revenue, variable cost/fixed cost structures.
With respect to the role’s FP&A reporting support, this position works closely with all members of the FP&A team to ensure the team is able to properly manage PlayStation’s P&L. In all, this position will provide insight on reporting results, help business leaders make sound business investment decisions that are properly supported, and assist in delivery and represent results to internal PlayStation functions on financial and business related matters through strong analytical, verbal, and written communications.
- Facilitate SG&A forecasting, budgeting and ad hoc reporting
- Provide broader financial /analytical support for functional initiatives, including participating in working teams, ownership deliverables, and tracking results
- Understand accounting rules governing the function’s financials and facilitate analysis and understanding of impact when accounting rules change
- Prepare presentations for Sr. Management that clearly communicate operational and financial performance
- Work with multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix environment, balancing their needs and perspectives to maximize the company’s interest
- 3+ years of work experience in field of Finance and/or Accounting.
- Accounting/Budget/Forecast experience
- Strong communication/people skills
- 4 year College degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- CPA, CFA, MBA a plus
- Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase applications a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.