Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Linux Systems Administrator (contract position)
San Diego, CA
We are looking for a technically skilled individual with good analytical skills and a strong work ethic to join a team responsible for deploying and maintaining the 24x7 operations of all production LINUX systems across Sony Network Entertainment. Successful candidate must have experience with system configurations and support procedures that promote maximum monthly service uptime.
- Provide tier 2 support services for Linux and storage systems in the enterprise.
- Responsibilities include user management, application support, disk space management and responding to hardware failures.
- Follow operational policies and procedures for successfully running LINUX in a large enterprise environment.
- Automate regular operational tasks using shell and puppet scripts.
- Clearly document maintenance and support procedures for routine tasks in order to leverage tier 1 NOC support.
- 2 year college degree or equivalent background is required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a LINUX Systems Administrator with at least 2 years supporting a highly-available, 24x7-production, LINUX environment.
- Proficient knowledge of LINUX network services such as mail, DNS, and HTTP.
- Prior experience supporting e-commerce applications.
- Ability to help others in a fast paced and perpetually changing systems environment.
- Proficient level knowledge of shell and puppet scripting.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks in parallel and prioritize between them.
- Excellent communication skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.