Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Product Manager (eCommerce/Digital Retail Customer Experience)
San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Are you a customer obsessed, commercially focused, highly motivated and passionate Product Manager who want to define and drive the future of digital retail on PlayStation Network? If so, then this is the role is for you.
You will be responsible to drive the definition, development, and implementation of e-commerce product direction and customer experiences across the portfolio of PlayStation Store channels available on PlayStation console, web and mobile. Serving more than 50M customers globally on PlayStation 4 alone, you will be responsible for helping to grow revenue, improving customer satisfaction, and delivering world-class e-commerce experiences on all form factors.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical and highly-motivated self-starter with demonstrable and extensive experience of understanding customers’ needs, the competitive landscape, and how to deliver amazing customer experiences. You must be an excellent communicator who can build strong cross-functional relationships and you must excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, Research & Design Teams, Program Managers, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Define and deliver innovative and intuitive customer experiences to drive user engagement and satisfaction across all PlayStation Store digital channels.
- Drive product and feature roadmaps to enhance content discovery and customer digital purchase journey based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, designers, program managers and engineer teams to plan, develop and launch new product releases
- Evangelize product vision, business benefits and technical requirements to relevant stakeholders including business, product and engineering leadership teams.
- Support product, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development roadmap.
- Own all product outcomes including on-time quality release of product features, usability and performance metrics.
- Be passionate about the customer. Lead A/B testing, market and user research to identify customer needs, concerns and satisfaction drivers and champion the voice of the customer, targeting and personalization with stakeholders and through product development.
- Know your numbers: Lead market research, competitive analysis and know the Store customer journey KPI to ensure new products and features drive the right customer and financial KPIs.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Think big, be customer focus, data driven and obsessed to craft and deliver industry leading customer experiences
- 5 years of experience in product management (or related role) driving significant ecommerce and/or customer experience solutions.
- Deep ecommerce experience and industry knowledge including best practices, customer targeting and segmentation. Strong web and mobile ecommerce experience ideal.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize information, apply critical thought and present the information in a clear and meaningful way.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work collaboratively and lead complex and highly impactful cross-functional projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with strong project and program management skills
- Experience and deep understanding of agile software development process.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.