Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why Work When You Can Play?
At the center of the PlayStation Network is the Commerce Platform team that services 30+ million customers every day. The Commerce platform delivers a wide range of services including, purchasing, pricing, subscription, fulfillment, payment options and more.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities. Strong technical leadership is expected and the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in designing, creating and maintaining Java code as well as providing component and system level designs for Sony’s PlayStation Network Platform. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to operate at large scale, and will be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing them in a fashion that is durable and scalable.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5+ years large scale programming and systems experience with Java/C++ or other Object Oriented programming language.
- Experience establishing processes and measurement of those processes.
- Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience with SQL, especially Oracle.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience in developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience working with Cloud development environment is a plus.
- Experience with caching solutions such as Cassandra and memcached.
- Experience with eCommerce, especially in payment processing on a global scale.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
Why PlayStation Network:
PlayStation Network is growing by leaps and bounds and we need talented developers to help us keep up with our passionate global customer base. This is an opportunity to work with a fun team of people on interesting projects where you have an opportunity to influence the development direction.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.