Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Technical Artist Intern
We are God of War! Join us!
Artist & programmer, programmer & artist – you are neither, you are both: you are the bridge between the two, providing insight into each. You understand the creative process; you find pragmatic, efficient, innovative ways of solving technical problems. And above all you support artists as they strive to deliver the vision of the game.
Talent, initiative, collaboration – bring them all. We are a large team that fundamentally works together across all disciplines. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Research, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
- Interface with key stakeholders. Liaise between team members; collaborate on projects.
- Identify problems; solve them by inventing or building robust technical implementations.
- At least two years toward a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art, or related field
- Familiarity with 3D math and related concepts
- Working knowledge of Maya and MEL, Python, HLSL, or C++
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Computer graphics, lighting, and effects.
- At least one complete self-driven, self-created game project (any size, any genre, any platform).
**This is an internship opportunity for summer 2018.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.