Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Character Technical Artist Intern
We are God of War! Join us!
Animator & programmer or programmer & character artist – which are you? No matter: you bridge tech and character. You understand the creative process; you have an artistic sensibility, and an eye for animation. You can rig. And above all you support character artists and animators as they strive to deliver the vision of the game.
Talent, initiative, collaboration – bring them all. We are a large team that fundamentally works together across all disciplines. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Create and maintain animation rigs and tools
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface collaboratively with character artists and animators
- Identify problems; solve them by inventing or building robust technical implementations
- At least two years toward a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art, or related field
- Good knowledge of Maya and understanding of Maya’s rigging tools
- Knowledge of animation technologies, workflows, and processes
- A keen eye for proper form throughout a wide range of movement
- Exposure to character modeling and polygon topology related to character deformations
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Familiarity with 3D math and related concepts
- Working knowledge of MEL, Python, HLSL, or C++
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Professional quality animation
- At least one complete self-driven, self-created game project (any size, any genre, any platform)
**This is an internship opportunity for summer 2018.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.