Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior UX Designer
Los Angeles, CA
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work to define the user model and user interface for new and existing SNEI enterprise applications and tools. You will develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. The UX Designer will negotiate design-related requirements and play an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle. You will participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
The Sr. UX Designer must have solid writing skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications. You'll work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle. SNEI is looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense
- Expertise using Microsoft Office, Visio, Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Ajax, Flash and other emerging internet application technologies
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of user experience and visual design work
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices a plus
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.