Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Digital Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Digital Marketing Manager. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on paid media activities to drive awareness and revenue across PlayStation’s portfolio of businesses including: PlayStation®4, PlayStation™Vue, first party games, PlayStation®Store and more. This role requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration with internal teams and external agencies. This person will use creative and analytical skills to understand our customer targets to create efficient, high impact marketing programs. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Manage and execute digital marketing campaigns for PlayStation’s portfolio of businesses in the Americas region. This includes:
- Own and execute the digital media strategy/channel mix to optimize media budgets and campaign objectives.
- Develop media strategy and own execution of innovative integrated campaigns designed to drive new customer acquisition and brand awareness.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to provide media recommendations, monitor performance and supply actionable optimizations.
- Ensure media channels including digital, television, search and social are in-market on time, ladder up to the portfolio’s strategy and reach our target audience.
- Direct third party agency teams. Main point of contact for agencies’ questions.
- Domain expert on digital media including direct, programmatic, search and social.
- Exposure to DMP to leverage first party data across media channels.
- Lead the measurement and analysis of online marketing campaign performance.
- Continuously improve media spend ROI with a focus on driving revenue and subscription sign ups.
- Report monthly on KPIs and generate actionable recommendations to internal teams and executive stakeholders.
- Adapt campaigns in real-time based on performance information.
- Pay close attention to detail to identify changes in performance and pivot quickly.
- Ensure agency pixel tracking tools are accurately setup to capture KPIs for reporting as well as retarget consumers.
- Stay abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and test new strategies that may improve campaign performance.
- 7-9 years digital marketing experience
- Successful track record of working at or managing paid media agencies
- Expert in digital direct, programmatic, paid search and social media best practices
- Strong understanding of digital marketing reporting metrics
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Exceptional with Excel. Ability to gather, report on and interpret data to inform optimization and future decisions.
- Experience with web analytic tools (Adobe)
- Skilled in DMP management
- Advanced presentation and PowerPoint skills; Ability to present to upper-management clearly and concisely
- Proficient at managing processes of an internal team, including: running meetings, collaboration, and follow up on detailed action items
- Highly detail oriented
- Adapt quickly to change
- MBA with a marketing concentration
- Working knowledge of programmatic and direct buys
- Strong interest in video games and entertainment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.