Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure, Sony PlayStation (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Front End
Do you want a career opportunity that combines your skills as an engineer and passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure division is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
To do this, we’re using the latest browser technologies (Angular, React, TypeScript, RxJS) to build responsive user interfaces for tools internal teams use to monitor data and facilitate development.
You’re the perfect candidate if:
- Experience with React, Angular, and/or TypeScript is required.
- You can translate abstract requests into workable, intuitive, easy to use tools.
- You can find scalable solutions that work for a wide range of users from super technical developers to the non-technical all within the same application.
- Convert a conglomeration of different applications into a seamless tool that is intuitive and easy to use by various levels of users.
- Support different devices and screen resolutions.
- Exemplify project ownership from conception to completion by following up on open questions, working with other developers to find answers and engineer solutions, communicate blockers, and solicit feedback to ensure various users’ needs are being met.
- Extensive experience building complex applications using modern technologies: Angular, React, TypeScript, Ember, and/or nodeJS
- Experience writing nodeJS middleware
- Demonstrable understanding of advanced CSS3, SASS, CSCC and/or LESS, and how they can be used to build modular, reusable stylesheets.
- Familiar with asynchronous architectures like RxJS, Redux, & Flux
- Advanced understanding of Git (specifically GitHub) workflows and collaboration
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.