Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
San Diego, CA
The Senior Business Systems Analyst reports to the Manager, Business Systems Integrations within Business Services. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is expected to manage and support Sony Interactive Entertainment, WWS QA business systems as well as help lead and deliver on upcoming system and process improvement implementation efforts.
Business Systems Analysis
- Act as a system owner for large enterprise application development solutions. Be able to configure, customize with low-code requirements, and manage a complex environment of both production and in-development projects.
- Ability to design relational table databases, understand table relationships and standard database operational principles. Conduct application troubleshooting using SQL/Oracle and other tools.
- Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis, task analysis, and/or workflow analysis
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level business and user requirements appropriate level of detail
- Prepare system wireframes and work together with UI/UX professionals to design or improve system’s interface
- Develop use cases, flow charts, data models, database design, entity relationship diagrams, etc.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the design vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Investigate, analyze, evaluate, and estimate costs/benefits of existing and for future business systems
- Reviews technical design documents, development integration and quality assurance test plans for conformance to design
- Create and maintain user guide, process flow charts, and training materials
- Train end users on applications, document procedures, and internal business application system
- Support Go-Live and Support hand-off process
- Conduct periodic system utilization/heath check-ins to confirm adoption and realization of ROI
- Monitors performance enhancements and system integrity with end-user
- Develop strategies to improve the effectiveness of existing systems
- Develop and manage security policies for users and systems
- Comfortable working in a global matrix based team
- Maintain up to date industry/technical knowledge base
- Lead a project team, deploy the project strategy and meet defined goals
- Act as a technical project manager through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle on business systems projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal clients, design teams, QA, and Development teams and all other outside parties critical to a project’s success
- Develop detailed implementation and upgrade project plans, and maintain relevant documentation
- Provide timely project reporting/feedback to management at regular intervals
- Coordinate with project team members and delegate tasks to other Systems Analysts on the team
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years' of business system management/implementation experience
- At least 2 years' in Project Management capacity on medium to large scale projects
- Hands on knowledge of Relational Database Design (intermediate knowledge of Transact-SQL
- Strong understanding of system and database design practices
- Strong understanding of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to think outside of the set parameters to identify not obvious solutions
- Strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are required
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must possess a sound commitment to provide the high level of service necessary for accomplishment of the job and organization objectives while creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Must be able to effectively articulate difficult ideas and concepts to various individuals within the company; specifically, strong verbal skills are necessary to clearly and concisely communicate new system functionality to users; strong business writing skills are necessary to aid in developing training manuals, presentation materials, and system documentation
- At least 7 years’ experience working with BI or business systems
- At least 4 years' of systems analysis or technical project management
- Project Management certification would be considered an asset
- Prior software engineering experience or education is a strong asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM/XRM/365 or SalesForce would be a strong asset
- Familiarity with business reporting & planning tools (Cognos, Tableau, TM1)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with different development methodologies
- Familiarity with gaming industry will be considered a strong asset
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.