Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Graphics Engineer, Developer Technology
PlayStation HQ: San Mateo, CA
We will consider differing level of experience from mid-level to staff-level.
Are you passionate about bleeding edge technology? Do you enjoy developing engineering solutions for software used by tens-of-millions of passionate technology loyalists around the world? Would you like a career opportunity that combines both your passion for games and skills as a software engineer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Developer Technology Group here at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA. We seek a graphics software engineer to lead studios from AAA to Indie, to solve complex problems, research and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools. If this is you, please apply!
- Lead and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, libraries and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Deliver content to licensed developers to ensure adoption and integration into custom engines and middleware
- Drive collaboration within SIE and produce solutions that address developers technology needs
- Promote and foster innovation within the team to produce creative solutions
- Lead and manage projects that will be the foundation of future research projects
- Occasional travel to attend, meet and work with licensed developers, conferences and seminars
- Identify and write code and documentation for PlayStation platform hardware and technologies
- Be able to perform responsibilities with no considerable direction
- Other tasks assigned as necessary
- Game industry experience (preferably in graphics)
- Strength in C/C++, and shader programming
- Deep understanding of modern GPU architectures and 3D graphics pipeline
- Professional experience working with either Direct3D, OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- Experience using GPU profiling tools to measure game/application performance
- Strong knowledge of 3D math
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- BS degree in computer science from an accredited university or equivalent
- Familiarity with VR technology (Oculus, Vive, PlayStation®VR)
- Image processing algorithms, physically based shading, global illumination and/or ray tracing
- Rendering techniques such as deferred, forward+ rendering, shadows, and anti-aliasing
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.