Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Software Engineer, Network Front End
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure Division is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
We are looking for passionate software engineers who are fascinated by the technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing. Our team believes that automation is essential in building a scalable and reliable global network that will bring the best cloud gaming experience to users around the world.
- Closely work with network engineers/operators to identify areas of UI improvement
- Design and implement Web front-ends for visualization of network topology and
various network metrics
- Self-motivated and good communication skills
- Familiarity with Angular, js, Node, Redis, Apache, Nginx, React, etc.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux programming environments
- Working knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
- Familiarity with Web technologies such as REST, JSON, gRPC, protobufs, NETCONF etc.
- Experience developing Web front ends for distributed web applications
- Experience with MySQL, HBase, MongoDb is a plus
- Expert level knowledge of Linux
- Proficiency in Python or Java programming language
- Familiarity with network protocols such as Ethernet, BGP, ISIS, SNMP, etc.
- Familiarity with build systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.