Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Contract Immigration & Relocation Specialist
San Mateo, CA
This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Mobility and Immigration.
The Immigration & Relocation Specialist will provide administrative support for SIE’s talent management strategy, including immigration and relocation (domestic/international) for new hires and existing employees, compliance and team projects. This role is critical to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures governing immigration and relocation, and adherence to company policies at all times. This role serves to maintain relationships with external Immigration counsel and Relocation/Mobility service partners, and consult with/advise internal Centers of Expertise (stakeholders) such as Talent Acquisition, HR Shared Services, HR Business Partners, and Compensation/Benefits, Payroll, Management teams and supported employees/candidates.
In this hands-on role, you will follow company policies and processes to assess, initiate, monitor and track immigration and relocation cases.
- Partner with the Global Mobility team, suppliers and key stakeholders on immigration and relocation cases
- Conduct immigration screenings and request relocation cost estimates
- Partner with internal management and external Immigration counsel on work permit/visa and Permanent Residency applications, and ensure compliance and best practice
- Manage immigration compliance tasks including required postings, advertisements, petitions/filings, employee and management education, etc.
- Proactively monitor all immigration and relocation cases, ensure timely communication of milestones, deadlines and issues
- Participate in phone conferences to discuss immigration matters with HR, outside counsel and management
- Provide resolution support for immigration and relocation matters
- Maintain files for immigration and relocation cases
- Recordkeeping, tracking and reporting
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards and professionalism at all times
- Provide support for miscellaneous projects and tasks related to immigration, relocation, and the Global Mobility program as needed
- Prepare cost estimates, initiate assignments, keep track of assignees and work with outside service providers to successfully assist employees
- Monthly invoicing for outside vendors
- Work experience in Global Mobility, such as relocation, and immigration
- Ability to work independently while interacting with a diverse group of individuals
- Internalized sense of urgency and aptitude to customer focus
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Practical experience required
- 2+ years of immigration experience
- Knowledge of non-immigrant visas/work permits and employment-based Permanent Residency processes and regulations
- 2+ year of corporate relocation management experience
- Excellent program management and vendor management skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, proactive and resourceful
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment, where multiple priorities need to be effectively handled, while maintaining composure and flexibility in a structured environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.