Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
San Mateo, CA
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accurately manage all regular and bonus payrolls on a timely basis, ensure that all earnings are appropriately paid to employees, and confirm that taxes, garnishments and benefits deductions are withheld and in compliance.
- Understand statutory tax withholding requirements and partner with ADP Tax Filing Service to ensure correct payroll calculation of all tax jurisdictions (federal, multi-state, and local), where necessary and applicable. Also review agency tracers and verify that all federal, state and local deposits and filings are accurate and reported on a timely basis to taxing agencies, via vendor tax filing service.
- Partner with other members of HR department and compensation to ensure all payroll data file loads and/or reports are aligned and updated with other systems. (e.g. HRIS, timekeeping, benefit vendors, etc.).
- Audits Payroll Previews before transmission for accuracy.
- Interprets pay policies, (e.g., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly.
- Monitor and oversee all internal and external audits related to payroll, including workers compensation audits, and Corporate tax filings.
- Ensure Payroll processes meet SIE’s internal SOX compliance requirements.
- Stay current with Payroll regulation law changes.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a payroll process manager.
- Hands on payroll processing experience using ADP Payforce.
- Hands on experience using Workday HR to obtain payroll related data is highly desired.
- Expert knowledge of importing files to load hours and bonuses into ADP for biweekly payroll.
- Experience using ADP resources to pull the correct templates for file uploads is highly desired.
- Expert with Excel V-Look up
- ADP report writing skills
- General Ledger accounting skills
- Excellent written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Experience responding to escalations from employees, managers, auditors and government agencies; conduct in-depth troubleshooting/research involving multiple stakeholders, systems, and processes.
- Familiarity with WorkDay
- Ability to reconcile day-to-day operational activities with business and company objectives;
- Well-developed customer service skills.
- Experience with ADP Payroll/eTime
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.