Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
San Diego, CA
We are looking for a Manager, HR Business Partner that aligns business objectives with organizational and talent needs. Provide strategic support to Sr. leaders, managers and employees in designated business units. The Manager, HR Business Partner understands the business needs and overall strategy & goals, culture, & competition. The Manager, HR Business Partner collaborates with the HR COEs to deliver value added service and support to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Partners with leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Assist HR Business Partners in rolling out corporate-wide HR initiatives to client groups.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support business needs through; learning and development, compensation and employee engagement
- Improve manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Provides expert coaching and advice to managers and employees
- Assist in resolving complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers
- Designs and applies change management and Organizational Development strategies that influences and assists organizational change in support of business strategies
- Facilitate leadership sessions/workshops with the business units intending to solve for potential challenges or bring awareness to opportunities.
- Assist in driving analytics, project planning and organization in the following areas: organizational change management, workforce planning, organizational planning and talent planning.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; PHR a plus
- 5+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and quickly resolve problems
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- Must be able to work at levels- strategic, operational, and tactical
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.