Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Enterprise IT Architect
Sony PlayStation: San Diego, CA or San Mateo, CA (HQ) locations
We have an exciting opportunity here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek an Enterprise Architect to create, maintain and manage our IT architecture models and their lower level components. Here you will interpret, use and apply information to inform a range of business improvement activities. This incumbent will have the unique opportunity to build an enterprise architecture practice. If this is you please apply!
Both business-savvy and technically proficient. We seek a generalist who leverages holistic thinking to operationalize methodologies that align technology, business process, and financials with our corporate strategy.
With enterprise-scope focus, this role will examine all business processes and all technology in a holistic manner. As such the enterprise architect will be expected to instantiate the EA practice itself which includes building and curating the enterprise continuum, establishing standards, and coaching others in areas such as governance and roadmap development.
As the very first enterprise architect, you’ll need to be hands-on, especially in the early stages of the program buildout. While enterprise-scope architecture and strategy are your primary objective, some high-level solution architecture with big-ticket projects may be in order as well.
- Diplomatic communication style
- Experience across the four common architecture domains of business, applications, data, and technology architecture.
- Working knowledge of corporate business processes: Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Hire to Retire, etc.
- Business alignment methodologies such as cascading goals or objectives-and-key-results (OKR) systems
- Delivery of architecture artifacts contributing to enterprise and solution architectures
- Good experience of IT architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF) including the contribution and adherence to architecture principles and standards
- Proficiency in standard financial metrics such as ROI, EVA, NPV, and others.
- Data integration patterns such as enterprise service buses and micro services
- Master data management
- Ability to discern between operational and analytical data
- Maturing the governance around SaaS application management
- Enterprise-level application portfolio management and road-mapping
- Scalable, globally-shared solutions (on-prem, cloud native, or hybrid)
- Data warehousing and big data (EDW/data lakes ETL, real-time streaming data)
- Cloud (SaaS, iPaaS)
- Data Integration Patterns
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.