Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Cinematic Sound Designer
San Diego, CA
Interested in working with AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio (God of War Franchise), Japan Studios, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and more? Looking to transition into the exciting world of game audio from a film or television background?
We are looking for a veteran Sound Designer well versed in linear sound design and mixing to join the PD Sound Team and craft high quality audio content for 1st and 3rd party product development projects. Working with a dynamic group of colleagues, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry on AAA award winning projects.
You will bring passion to the role of Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and dev teams, creating sonically rich content that serves the narrative. Your primary focus will be on linear and interactive sound design and cinematic mixing. Foley walking or mixing, and field recording experience a plus.
The successful candidate will have a creative vision, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creating unique and compelling sound design with a focus on storytelling through sound
- Cinematic Sound Design and mixing
- Collaborating directly with Audio Lead and/or Audio director at 1st and 3rd party developers
- Mentoring junior level sound designers and delegating tasks where appropriate
- At least 5 years experience as Sound Designer for video games and/or equivalent film/television experience
- Significant sound design contributions to AAA game(s) or film/television projects
- Fluent in audio post production techniques and workflows
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
- Experience working in Sci-fi, fantasy, or horror genres
- Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.