Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Job Summary: The Sony Interactive Entertainment Manager, Software QA Engineering will join our Client QA team, and will be responsible for end-to-end QA of PlayStation applications on PS4 console. You will be responsible for overseeing quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Define QA processes and coordinate complex QA activities on the project
- Support test automation processes and partner with Automation Architect to implement & adopt the right test automation platform
- Improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
- Lead and manage a technical team of onsite engineers
- Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
- Software QA Automation experience
- CI/CD experience
- Experience managing on and offshore teams
- Managed multiple product release
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- 3+ years successful software QA management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills
- Bilingual in Japanese
- Experience working with console or set-top box devices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.