Sony PlayStation is seeking Desktop Support Administrators at our San Mateo headquarters. We provide a collaborative and innovative IT environment, we support all Sony Interactive Entertainment corporate IT functions. In this role, you'll support over 4000 employees across over a dozen locations. If you have experience in supporting a mixed OS X and Windows users, then we want to hear from you. This is a contract role, intended to last 12+ months with possibility of extension.
- Provide worldwide day-to-day support and customer service,
- Primary technical contact for all helpdesk and critical IT issues
- Resolve technical failures in a timely manner, track issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
- Troubleshoot and solve common IT issues (password resets, computer hardware failures, access requests)
- Setup computers and phones for new hires
- Support/Administer Active Directory, Exchange mail accounts, SharePoint, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, virus/spam detection, data backups
- Build and Maintain corporate images
- Work on projects as needed
- Bring ideas for improvement forward
- Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support
- Documentation as needed
- Physical movement of IT or other office gear as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A.S./A.A. in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong Windows 7and Mac OSX knowledge required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and operating system imaging software
- 2-5 years of desktop support and/or network administration
- Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment
- Desire to multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and software products
- Must have extensive knowledge of computer hardware (i.e. built a PC at home or business)
- Experience with a corporate IT ticket system
- Ability to sit, stand for extended periods of time. Able to lift 25lbs.
- VOIP phone support experience
- Experience with asset and software tracking
- Extensive SharePoint and Microsoft SCCM experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills; ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- A+, Microsoft or other certifications
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.