We are looking for a Workplace Operations Manager who is excited to be a key contributor to our team. This critical role will oversee the traditional aspects of Workplace Operations as well as the numerous events, all hands meetings and programs that drive our culture. We are looking for someone who will take accountability for working with the Management Team in creating and maintaining a safe, productive and fun workplace
Workplace Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, anticipates problems and takes initiative with little guidance, all while maintaining a positive attitude. The position will oversee daily office operations and support our San Francisco office totaling approximately 112,000 square feet. The Workplace Operations Manager will be our go-to team member for facilities related needs, including operational services, vendor coordination, facility renovations, space planning and general workplace support. Accordingly, the person chosen must have the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization in order to gather feedback, assess needs and execute projects in both a timely and budget conscious manner.
The position requires financial acumen, expertise in project management, construction management, service contract management (including managing and negotiating contracts), space planning and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and manage competing priorities. You are a strategic thinker who can analyze the needs of the business and define the key roles (for employees and vendor partners) and solutions needed to meet this demand. You are able to navigate between strategic vision and rolling up your sleeves to execute on projects as needed. Demonstrate experience in supporting project teams to ensure timely accomplishment of project objectives.
You build trust in difficult situations, achieve consensus when leaders have diverse opinions, drive decision making when trade-offs are required, and communicate information quickly so that the physical workspace can intelligently support evolving business needs.
- Prepare, maintain and operate the San Francisco office facilities budget, including forecasting and reporting
- Managing building operations and maintenance services
- Manage and coordinate quarterly all hands multiple-day meetings; assist in planning and physically setting up and breaking down events
- Provide project management services for all build outs
- Ensure that our office is clean and presentable at all times of the year, and with an eye for detail e.g., all clocks are set to the right time, all whiteboards are cleaned and conference rooms are stocked
- Plan and coordinate moves/adds/changes, including space planning, allocation and updating floor plans
- Availability and commitment after hours or pre-hours for moves, special events and any other activity that require company supervision
- Coordinate with IT frequently on a number of issues (MDF, IDF) and other needs as required
- Partner with HR to maintain and update office policies to ensure quality experience pertaining to the employee’s experiences from onboarding, retention and off boarding
- Oversee mail/receiving services
- Direct and manage all vendor services and relationships
- Manage maintenance and repair scheduling to support business goals and activities
- Bachelors in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Facilities management credentials (IFMA/BOMI) a plus
- 5+ years in related field supporting an organization of 400+ employees
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with change and ambiguity, capable of quickly rallying teams and resources around key issues
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills related to project management and facilities operations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong spatial skills with experience in the implementation of workplace strategies and the ability to translate business requirements into space requirements for the business units
- Strong aptitude as it relates to construction schedules, facilities operations, technology, furniture, fixtures and equipment in the workplace
- Ability to work with all levels of the employees and external vendors
- Experience managing Construction, Facilities and MAC projects; overseeing and directing the work of others
- Excellent customer service skills including strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Projects
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.