Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why work when you can play?
As a Senior Automation Engineer in the Data Platform Operations team, you will be part of a team of highly technical engineers responsible for enterprise wide Real-time and Warehouse Data Platforms. The successful candidate will positively contribute in automation of the Data Platform operations and migration to AWS cloud.
The individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Automate Infrastructure tasks so that they can be achieved consistently, quickly, and at the scale our business needs demand.
- Work effectively with DPE automation team to assist in migrating Data Platform to AWS.
- To provide Technology direction and solutions to a highly energized company as well as providing a measurable drive towards profitability utilizing extensive background in Technology.
- Design systems and solutions for all phases of product lifecycle, freeing up engineers and key resources to focus on features and business tasks, by leveraging extensive experience in automation, system administration, advanced troubleshooting and performance management.
- Implement advanced monitoring and metrics to provide operational rigor and oversight for all levels of the business from engineering to sr. management.
- Bring in new ideas, whether it's a new tool or technology, that will help us massively innovate.
- Bring an automation mindset and ensure manual tasks are automated.
- Effectively manage delivery of the next generation of data warehouse technology providing best-in-class scaling, availability, and operational support to deliver a WOW experience for our customers.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the data platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Fosters, builds, and measures agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices including KPIs to ensure optimal ROI.
- Expert/ Strong proficiency & working knowledge in one or more automation framework such as Chef, puppet, Ansible, CFEngine etc.
- Expert/ Strong proficiency & working knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as python(preferable), ruby, java script, go etc.
- Strong proficiency and working experience in operating/Administering in AWS
- Clear understanding and working knowledge in CICD process.
- Jenkins (preferred)/GOCD/Travis
- Github (preferred)/P4/SVN
- Deployment strategies (Blue/Green and so on)
- Strong working knowledge in Linux/Unix.
- Strong working knowledge in networking and other data-center technologies
- Experience in setting and administering Monitoring & Alerting
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Performance troubleshooting
- Ability to debug basic applications
- Ability to participate in large scale collaborative troubleshooting sessions.
- Experience in supporting large enterprise solutions, spanning multiple geographic zones.
- Experience/knowledge in real-time databases (such as Oracle, Cassandra, Aerospike etc)
- Experience/knowledge in Big-Data analytics tools ( such as Hadoop, EMR etc)
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others effectively.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.