Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why work when you can play?
At SIE, data is a critical business asset that facilitates business operations, empowers decision-making, and provides vital insights into the improvement and innovation of PlayStation products and services. With exponential data growth brought on by PlayStation’s success, the Corporate Data Governance function was established to instill a culture that manages and uses this important asset both effectively and responsibly.
As a Technical Lead for the Data Platform Data Governance team, you are a key contributor in defining a data culture that aligns with and further enables SIE’s tremendous growth. You possess strong acumen and technical skills that, in combination, allows you to develop well-balanced processes and solutions that deliver material organizational value.
- Analyze and understand data operations and architecture at SIE
- Collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, technical architects, product managers and business intelligence teams to develop practical data governance operating practices. This includes process designs, standards and rules definition, architecture review, and change management.
- Working in conjunction with technical stakeholders, develop solutions to systematize the capture and maintenance of metadata, and to propel the value of metadata management
- Support with day-to-day data governance operations
- Learn the business. Develop keen sense of balance between compliance and efficiency. Correct imbalance.
- Support research of data governance methodologies and tools
- Evangelize data governance and fuel organic growth
- Programming data governance components to enable data governance tasks like metadata discovery, life cycle management etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of data management experience in a business/system analysis or software engineering capacity
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of database and storage systems ( e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Amazon Web Services etc) and modern internet architecture ( e.g. APIs, Oauth, Event-driven architecture etc)
- Basic programming knowledge of Java and REST. And supported tools like maven and git
- Demonstrable experience in guiding ambiguous goals into actionable and manageable tasks
- Passionate about understanding the big picture and delivering value
- Strong sense of ownership for your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience with metadata management
- Experience with data governance
- Programming experience
- Project management experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.