Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Sr. Software Engineer (BI)
We are leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Who are you?
- You strive to automate tedious work rather than pushing buttons daily to keep things running
- Talent matters but so does curiosity, inventiveness and passion for your craft.
- You have an expertise in data engineering but don't mind crossing the streams with other colleagues on the team.
- You have strong and well-formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may make you reconsider.
- You create code that is understandable, simple, clean, and want to frame it and hang it next to your desk with pride.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin.
What do you know?
- Batch-driven ETL over distributed data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, and MPP databases)
- Great application development skills. You must be proficient in Python but any of these will do: Python, Java, C, C++.
- Know how to work with analytics people and contexts
- Team-based software development tools and best practices
- Experience with HP Vertica is a plus but experience with other MPP DBs will suffice
- Knowledge of data warehouse techniques that will make our systems awesome
- Well versed in database administration
- We don't need to hire Linus Torvalds, but basic Linux system administration is necessary because you will be working on our HP Vertica clusters.
- Knowledge of NoSql DBs, Spark, Drill, Hadoop and other large data tech is a plus
What will you do?
- Build, update and maintain ETL pipelines that contains a massive, rich, and connected set of data that supports PlayStation Now programming decisions
- Build software and social glue between engineers, scientists, product managers, and other analytics teams
- Make our data load faster
- Keep our data stores up and running
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.