Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
If you have a passion for the latest cloud strategies and you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems, you can be a part of PlayStation's success!
Our Cloud SRE team is responsible for the deployment and continuous operation of the PlayStation Network. We plan to take our existing cloud platform to the next level with CI/CD, containers, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, PaaS, and more.
The role of Senior DevOps Engineer is a blend of architecture, automation, development, application administration. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. More so, the candidate must possess a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into code, database, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
- 6+ years industry experience supporting n-tier web applications, PaaS, or cloud technologies.
- 3+ years deploying and operating applications in the cloud: AWS, GCE, Rackspace, etc.; strong experience designing and managing fault tolerant web platforms with high scale & availability.
- Proven experience configuring and performance tuning one or more of the following web servers: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with administration of the following databases: MySQL, Cassandra, or other noSQL databases.
- Experience configuring applications in production environments to monitor end-to-end i.e. system metrics, logs and application specific metrics. Proven experience using one of the logging and monitoring tools: Sensu, New Relic, Splunk, ELK stack, DataDog, Nagios.
- Experience using CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory,Chef/Ansible/Salt, etc).
- Ability to design and develop a JavaEE or Python n-tier web application.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs.
- Ability to understand and work with agile software development engineering practices.
- Understanding of web delivery administration principles – CDNs, certification management, cryptography.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.