Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Accounting Manager (GL Balance Sheet Reconciliation) (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
SIE seeks an Accounting Manager to lead the Balance Sheet Reconciliation process in Oracle before the migration to SAP. The position will work closely with management and operations in San Mateo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York, London and Tokyo. The position reports into the Senior Manager Technical Accounting & Reporting.
- Lead and manage balance sheet reconciliation improvement project based on predetermined timelines.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and establish best practices for preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and provide training to accounting team.
- Work closely with the accounting team to resolve discrepancies identified from balance sheet reconciliation review and ensure timely correction if required.
- Provide analysis of Oracle balance sheet account variances month over month and quarter over quarter in line close schedule & deadlines.
- Responsible for Oracle Balance sheet GL accounts being reconciled accurately prior to commencement of data migration tests performed by the external/internal data migration team.
- Work closely with the external/internal data migration team (Oracle to SAP) before, during and after data migration is performed and respond to the team’s requests as required as related to Oracle Balance Sheet GL accounts.
- Perform data validation procedures of Oracle before & after migration into SAP.
- Support the financial close process in line with close schedule & deadlines (WD3).
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting or finance related discipline
- CPA or International Equivalent, with SOX experience required
- External and / or Internal audit experience required in media & entertainment industry
- Compliance / SOX experience within a corporate environment required
- US GAAP knowledge
- Oracle experience essential
- Excellent skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Project management experience and balance sheet reconciliation review experience
- Experience working in an accounting function in industry
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities and deadlines
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.