Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Accounting Manager (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
SIE seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Accounting Manager, the position will be an individual contributor to support the General Accounting team during a period of legal entity and financial system integration. This is a hands-on role who will work closely with operations in Los Angeles and San Mateo. The reports into Accounting Senior Manager and may in the short term require occasional travel within the USA. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned based on business requirements.
- Accounting lead for to manage the transition of GL activity from a subsidiary legal entity (Oracle GL) that is being closed and consolidated into main legal entity (SAP GL).
- Responsible for preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for review and sign-off monthly financial journal entries.
- Responsible for miscellaneous finance activity related to closing of legal entity.
- Responsible for transition of accounting activity from Oracle into SAP.
- Liaise with Accounting, Reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable (AP), and Planning, on consolidation of activity and timing.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to ensure continuity of business support during transition.
Other Responsibilities (separate to above)
- Responsible for taking over the T&E accrual activity posted into Oracle; and subsequently transitioning that activity to future T&E accounting owner; supporting the alignment of process and accruals.
- Responsible for taking over the Marketing and other general accrual activity posted into Oracle; and subsequently transitioning that activity to the future accounting owner; supporting the alignment of process and accruals.
- Responsible for general OPEX analysis and investigation as requested.
- Support the financial close process in line with close schedule & deadlines (WD3).
- Support financial compliance (Internal & External Audit, Controls, and Procedures).
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Finance & Accounting, both private and public accounting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting or finance related discipline.
- CPA or International Equivalent, with SOX experience required.
- Experience of general ledger and monthly close process required.
- Oracle experience essential; SAP experience desirable.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excels in the areas of written and oral communication including strong presentation skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.