Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why Work When You Can Play?
About the role and how you will spend your time:
At the center of the PlayStation Network is the Commerce Platform that services 30+ million customers every day. The Commerce platform delivers a wide range of services including product browsing, purchasing, pricing, subscription, fulfillment, payment options and more.
As a Software Engineer I, you will:
- Help implement interactive web-based services.
- Create and maintain Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform.
- Participate in code review.
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements and assist with solution design.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Experience in Java programming.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Familiarity with SQL and databases, especially Oracle.
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with C++
- Experience working with Cloud development environment such as AWS is a plus.
- Experience with ecommerce platform
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You’re effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
PlayStation is growing by leaps and bounds and we need talented developers to help us keep up with our passionate global customer base. This is an opportunity to work with a fun team of people on interesting projects where you have an opportunity to influence the development direction.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.