Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Content Partnerships Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As a Content Partnerships Manager for the transactional PlayStation Video service, you will be a vital part of the Content Partnerships Team. Based in Los Angeles, this team is responsible for developing and growing key accounts for film, television and live event partners. In this role, you will work very closely with marketing and e-commerce merchandising teams to develop, plan and execute robust content strategies in line with business goals. Additionally, you will work with various other functional groups including but not limited to operations, content acquisition, pricing, business strategy and product teams. You will also be responsible for overseeing key relationships with major studios, TV networks, independent studios and live event content distributors to identify and create unique partnership opportunities for PlayStation Video.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with content partners to discuss strategies for account growth in order to maximize business performance on a quarterly basis
- Manage day-to-day partnership activities, working closely with internal teams (merchandising, marketing, operations and pricing) to implement ongoing marketing/promotional activities, resolve content deliveries issues and strategize on business related items to spur growth
- Analyze avail notices and select content to deliver on the content strategy, working closely with the operations team
- Highlight titles to the merchandising and marketing teams for additional promotion and merchandising through data-driven research and an active understanding of partners’ marketing support
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop local content strategies within the global content strategy framework focused on growing revenue while maintaining delivery budget expectations and contractual obligations
- Participate in regular content slate reviews with partners to identify tent-pole titles for PlayStation Video, as well as cross-category opportunities
- Lead negotiation and execution of amendments for all promotional activities to align with content licensing agreements
- Manage content through its release windows with a deep understanding of the business terms and conditions in each partner’s contracts
- Manage implementation of key content initiatives, working with content partners and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation
- Develop and maintain competitive information on the local markets including product offerings, strengths/weaknesses, and current news and trends
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a digital video distribution environment (TVOD, SVOD or AVOD) is required
- Demonstrates leadership skills and confidence in managing strategic partnerships
- Proficient at multi-tasking in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive and able to work independently
- Comfortable working with content management systems
- Self-motivated with a collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and strong desire for success in a highly competitive industry
- Masters in relevant field, a plus
- Experience working in partner facing relationship management role focused on video content sales, licensing and/or distribution
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment and technology industries (including key players, growth trends and drivers, new media models, industry structure, etc.)
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered
- Experience working in a national or global company
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.