Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Contract)
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for assuring the quality of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) internal and customer-facing applications using automation as well as manual black-box and gray-box testing techniques. Duties include trouble-shooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the Senior QA Automation Engineer relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA, system administration, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is a member of the QA team, reports to the Automation Manager of Quality Assurance, and collaborates closely with the Development and System Infrastructure teams.
- Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts using JAVA, Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG
- Perform both “black box” and “gray box” testing of SNEI’s internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing test cases.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as Rally, JIRA, source control tools such as Git as well as test case management systems such as Silk Central Test Manager
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
Required Background and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience with automation scripting using JAVA and Selenium based framework
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of programming in
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers like Apache
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A team player who does not need extensive supervision
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, Systems and Project managers towards a common goal
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database and SQL queries
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience using enterprise-level Issue Tracking systems such as Rally, JIRA
- Experience performing automated software testing in a team environment using JAVA and Selenium
- Experience with XML, Perl
- Experience testing applications integrating with Wireless Networks, or embedded software knowledge
- Knowledge of performance testing using tools such as SilkPerformer
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.