The Manager of Emergency Preparedness will create and deliver solutions to assure the emergency preparedness, continuity, and recovery of personnel and facilities. You should be; self-motivated, creative, analytical, and work to significantly contribute as a member of cross-functional teams. Deliverables will include products and services designed to directly influence emergency preparedness planning as well as associated training and the delivery and implementation of disaster readiness plans and exercises. This position reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Security.
- Implement and deploy enterprise emergency response program focused on employee life safety and readiness
- Direct and implement incident management plans during an emergency using ICS/NIMS principles
- Perform strategic and tactical analysis of enterprise capabilities; create action plans, exercises, and programming for real-world events
- Project management for planning, volunteer recruitment, training, surveys, information gathering processes, and enterprise Site Emergency Response Team (SERT) initiatives
- Manage the SIE Enterprise Notification System (ENS); update and refresh Employee databases
- Support inter-departmental working groups including BCP, IT, Facilities, resiliency with various employee readiness programming
- Foster a culture of employee empowerment and accessibility to emergency management resources
- Design, develop and execute trainings and exercises to test and improve the SIE response and readiness system
- Lead After-Action-Review (AARs) and implement improvement elements
- Build and maintain a survival supply program where applicable
- Provide guidance, and support, to team members traveling internationally
- Design, develop and conduct engaging preparedness and employee readiness events
- Support maturation of corporate safety programs, reporting, and related compliance issues
- Influence technological strategy, and decisions, specific to crisis and emergency management programming
- Manage crisis management budget and related third-party vendor support contracts
- Prepare and present project plans to the Security Leadership team
- Facilitate meetings, build consensus, and document decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least seven years leading and/or developing emergency response programming in a multi-site, corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience responding, leading, or managing disaster or emergency situations
- Superior organization, technical writing, and overarching communication skills
- Mastery of standard office tools (MS Suite) and demonstrated experience leveraging technology (re: social media/other)
- Ability to operate and work within a complex, networked organization requiring high levels of self-direction, autonomy and diplomacy
- Experience building and growing a sustainable emergency management program; demonstrated ability to manage third-party vendor contracts
- Desire and ability to support 24x7 on-call/rotation schedule; must be willing to travel
Other Desired Experience:
- Master’s Degree and additional professional level certifications
- Previous experience working within a GSOC, Command or Operations Center environment
- Industry certification (e.g., ICS/NIMS, CEM and/or related EM/Homeland Security advanced in-person training)
- OSHA/Safety experience at the corporate level
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization
- Willingness to get the job done in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of, and ability, to interpret and apply Occupational Health and Safety legislation and supporting codes and standards, or the ability to quickly obtain this knowledge and ability
- Working knowledge of the Federal Continuity Directives, National Response Framework, and NIST Contingency Planning Guide for Information Technology
- Demonstrated experience implementing new initiatives, providing adult education, and public speaking
NOTE: Finalists may be required to submit writing and/or research samples; please include salary history and references within resume/application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.