Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Software Engineer, Cloud Back End
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a Jr. Software Engineer on the Cloud Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Design and develop high-performance distributed systems which span many data centers around the world.
- Debug and maintain critical systems that support the PlayStation Now game streaming stack.
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent or 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of distributed architectures, parallel server design, and advanced networking
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL data stores (PostgreSQL, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Knowledge of messaging frameworks (Kafka, 0MQ, JMS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Knowledge of streaming processing frameworks (Samza, Spark, Storm, Flink, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Docker, Ganeti, etc.)
- Programming best practices including unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, and code documentation
- Familiar with Agile and other development best practices
- Can work with both a small high-functioning teams or independently as needed
- Great communication skills
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile when required
- Contributor to the open source community (i.e. Github, Stack Overflow, blogging, etc.)
- Stays up to date with latest technologies (i.e. reads technology blogs, attends conferences, etc.)
- Video gamer a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.