Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Graphics / Rendering Programmer (PSVR)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony is seeking a Senior Rendering Programmer to join its new Virtual Reality team here at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA. We seek an ambitious, self-motivated Unreal Engine 4 developer to help craft unique player experiences with a diverse group of makers and contribute to an early influence on our projects.
The Senior Rendering Programmer builds and supports engine and graphics systems for real-time rendering in Virtual Reality, solves complex rendering problems, researches and develops innovative graphics techniques, shaders, algorithms, and tools. This programmer will maintain an open dialog with team members, inviting feedback, and identifying areas of invention and improvement.
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Implement and improve modern game engine graphics pipelines
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Test and document code produced
- Maintain a creative and collaborative working relationship with other team members across various disciplines
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Expertise in C++ and Unreal Engine
- History supporting game consoles and/or games for PC a requirement
- Graphics/rendering programming
- Shaders, materials, lighting, rendering pipelines, procedural modeling and generation, 2D image processing, VFX and particle systems, and other graphics techniques
- Proficient in 3D math skill
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Strong cross-disciplinary communication skills; collaborative mindset
- A relaxed attitude to working in an agile environment
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Playstation 4
- VR rendering
- Procedural animation techniques
- Enthusiasm for storytelling
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.